The At My Best 4-5-6 program was developed as a response to the widely successful At My Best program for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3. This is a unique resource designed for students in grade 4, 5, and 6 that combines physical activity and healthy eating, and places an emphasis on emotional well-being and global citizenship.
Theme of At My Best 4-5-6
The grade 4-5-6 program employs developmentally appropriate ABCs: I, We, Us. It has the same basic underlying message with a focus on ability, belonging, and community.
I = Individual ability
- first develop their sense of self (I)
- activities focus on: (a) individual development, (b) empowerment, (c) personal reflection
We = Belonging to a team, class or group
- working with others (WE) as part of a classroom, pair or team
- students apply “I” skills to help establish healthy relationships
Us = Developing citizenship skills
- develop a sense of what it means to be a global citizen
- students are empowered to make a difference in their class, school, and community (US) through a series of activities
When you register for the At My Best program, you will receive a FREE set of printed task cards. In addition, you will have access to the following materials to help you deliver quality health and physical education programs:
- Online lesson plans
- Introductory videos
- Online activity sheets
- Take-home materials
- Interactive online games
Planning for Safety
Before using the At My Best program materials, it is important to review your school board's safety policy. Consult the At My Best Safety Supplement for more information.