The At My Best 4-5-6 program was developed as a response to the widely successful At My Best program for Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3. This is a unique resource designed for students in grade 4, 5, and 6 that combines physical activity and healthy eating, and places an emphasis on emotional well-being and global citizenship.
Understand more about the program and get ready to implement using our At My Best 4-5-6 webinar. Afterwards, submit your feedback to let us know how best we can support you moving forward!
Theme of At My Best 4-5-6
The grade 4-5-6 program employs developmentally appropriate ABCs: I, We, Us. It has the same basic underlying message with a focus on ability, belonging, and community.
I = Individual ability
- first develop their sense of self (I)
- activities focus on: (a) individual development, (b) empowerment, (c) personal reflection
We = Belonging to a team, class or group
- working with others (WE) as part of a classroom, pair or team
- students apply “I” skills to help establish healthy relationships
Us = Developing citizenship skills
- develop a sense of what it means to be a global citizen
- students are empowered to make a difference in their class, school, and community (US) through a series of activities
When you register for the At My Best program, you will receive a FREE set of printed task cards. In addition, you will have access to the following online materials to help you deliver a quality health and physical education program:
- Introduction to the program
- Letter to Parents
- Learning experiences (six/grade) with opportunities to extend learning at home, at school, and in the community
- Activity sheets
Planning for Safety
Before using the At My Best program materials, it is important to review your school board's safety policy. Consult the At My Best Safety Supplement for more information.