At My Best Play Days
The goals of Play Days are to:
- Provide opportunities to “kick-start” healthy habits or celebrate successful participation in the At My Best program;
- Support students in making connections between physical activity, healthy eating and emotional well-being;
- Build connections with parents and communities with a focus on healthy living; and
- Promote the importance of quality Health and Physical Education programs.
How do I prepare for my school's Play Day?
When you register to host a Play Day, you will receive access to a downloadable At My Best Play Day Toolkit to help you plan a day of fun activities to celebrate healthy living. Download the At My Best Family Passport to encourage families to complete a series of activities beyond your classroom and print out the certificate of completion to personalize and distribute to your students after your school’s event.
Who can participate?
All schools are eligible to register for an At My Best Play Day.
When will Play Days take place?
At My Best Play Day events typically take place in May or June of every year.
At My Best Signature Play Days
Each year, PHE Canada partners with up to three Play Day applicants to co-facilitate an At My Best Signature Play Day event. These applicants are chosen from various regions across Canada selected by PHE Canada on a rotating basis.
What does a Signature Play Day involve?
PHE Canada will co-facilitate the Signature Play Day with your school. PHE Canada will work with selected applicants to plan a series of activities for students focused on physical activity, healthy eating and emotional well-being.
What do Signature Play Day recipients receive?
In addition to the At My Best Play Day materials, the selected applicants will receive:
- a visit from At My Best mascot, Rae the Star,
- a healthy snack, and
- a grant for initiatives that support the At My Best philosophy in your school
Register now and receive access to all At My Best Play Day materials to support you in planning your event. Register by April 24, 2017 and be eligible to win a Signature Play Day event. Applications will be open in Spring 2017.