At My Best Play Day
What is an At My Best Play Day?
At My Best Play Day is a day dedicated to fun and games and is open to your entire school community.
The goals of At My Best Play Days are to:
- Provide opportunities to “kick-start” healthy habits or celebrate successful participation in the At My Best program;
- Support students in making connections between physical activity, healthy eating and emotional well-being;
- Build connections with parents and communities with a focus on healthy living; and
- Promote the importance of quality Health and Physical Education programs.
Tools to help you plan your Play Day
PHE Canada supports you in planning your event by providing access to the following free downloadable resources upon registration:
- Games and activity suggestions
- Family passport with take-home activities for students and families
- To-do list
- Scheduling template
- Application for funding
- Budgeting template
- Signage instructions & template
- Emergency action plan
- Job description for chairperson
- Student volunteer request template and application form
- Parent volunteer request template and registration form
- Formal letters of invitation
- Promotional poster
- Media advisory template
- Thank you letter
- Certificate of completion
- Evaluation form
When will Play Days take place?
At My Best Play Day events typically take place in May or June of every year, but ultimately, it's up to you!
When is the deadline to register?
Register by May 7, 2018 and be eligible to win a Signature Play Day event (see below for more details).
At My Best Signature Play Day
Each year, PHE Canada partners with up to four Play Day applicants to co-facilitate an At My Best Signature Play Day. The Signature Play Day recipients are responsible for planning their event, with on-site support from PHE Canada. Check out last year's Signature Play Day.
What do Signature Play Day recipients receive?
In addition to the At My Best Play Day materials, the selected applicant(s) will receive:
- a visit from At My Best mascot, Rae the Star and PHE Canada
- a nutritious snack and exciting activity, provided by Saputo
- a $2,000 grant for initiatives that support the At My Best philosophy from PHE Canada and Saputo following the Signature Play Day event
How do I qualify for a Signature Play Day?
Complete our Registration Form and be eligible to win. Successful applicant(s) will be notified in May.
With your application, you may also choose to submit a video (2 minutes or less) that demonstrates how your school embraces the At My Best philosophy and/or how an At My Best Signature Play Day would support your school community. Here's how:
- Create a video (2 minutes or less) – involve students, staff, and other school community members in the process
- Upload the video to a sharing service of your choice (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo)
- Share the link with PHE Canada when you register